Hull #263 in Central Pennsylvania

After you've registered, add a post here telling others a bit about yourself and your boat.
tombracken
Hull #263 in Central Pennsylvania

Post by tombracken » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:51 pm

Greetings from the mountains of Central PA. Recently purchased hull #263 from a neighbor (User Tbs54) and am in the process of getting her back on the water. Rigged her for the first time and everything looks promising. Going to do a bit of sanding, filling, and painting before launching. Looking for suggestions for desk/cockpit paint other coating. Some small cracks and crazing and a previous coat of something. Looking forward to sharing adventures.

Tom Bracken
McAlevy's Fort PA
(814)667-2774 home phone
Attachments
SJ21 Aug 2018.jpg
SJ21 Aug 2018.jpg (120.75KiB)Viewed 11967 times

Gman377

Re: Hull #263 in Central Pennsylvania

Post by Gman377 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:44 am

Hello welcome to the forum! There are still a few of us diehards out here. There is a lot of great info if you skim through the posts. Stephan at http://www.sjsailboats.com/parts.php is basically the only known supplier of parts for these boats in the world so check him out. I used Interlux Brightsides for my paint job with decent results. You just need to paint it in the right conditions...DRY! I had a little bubbling in my paint because I rushed it and used the primer Interlux Prekote in wet conditions and it soaks up any moisture. My hull turned out great but I got some bubbling on the topsides because I put the primer on when the humidity was high. I have found that if you haven't really had to fair any major areas then you don't need the primer, just go ahead and sand well and paint with a roller with the brushing liquid and it will turn out great. Good luck!

sailsquareboats

Re: Hull #263 in Central Pennsylvania

Post by sailsquareboats » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:48 pm

Look into Lake Glendale Sailing Club. I believe they have a Facebook page.

It's a beautiful lake in Prince Gallitzin State Park. I think there is a Fleet of SJ21's there.