Hello from Northern BC

After you've registered, add a post here telling others a bit about yourself and your boat.
Tim_M
Hello from Northern BC

Post by Tim_M » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:31 am

Hi everyone.

I've bought hull 1841 the fall before last and hauled it from Calgary up to Fort St. John. I spent the remainder of the fall and early spring rebedding hardware and windows and cleaning and polishing.

During the summer I pestered friends and acquaintances to come and crew for me and I met one of the few other local sailors who gave me some tips and offered me a mooring on the lake and a place to stash a dingy to save me the bother of setting up and taking down the rig each time.

For this spring I'm going to continue to fix things up - replace the broken cabin light, add a switch panel, make a new hatch door, reseal the forward hatch, add a solar powered vent to move the air around a bit while it's moored. I'm also going to put my main on slugs add a mast gate and a tiller lock to make single handing and sailing with the kids easier.

The local lake isn't very big but I'm going to try anchoring and spending the night anyway to see how I like it.

Tim.

kuriti

Re: Hello from Northern BC

Post by kuriti » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Welcome aboard. Good start!