Sail Fail :(

Everything related to San Juan 21 and the Class Association
bluepearl
Sail Fail :(

Post by bluepearl » Sun May 15, 2011 12:59 am

So I tried to go sailing today and totally failed. The weather was perfect, the boat was ready, there were no mechanical problem or random issues, I started early in the day and still I totally failed to go sailing. It wasn't my fault though. You see, Montana had a very wet winter and its has been quite cold this spring. The run-off potential is very high so the BOR has concluded that drawing down the lake level to historical lows is a good idea to help prevent flooding later on. While this may indeed be a good idea, it has really screwed up the sailing. Right now the lake is 22 feet below full pool and has far as I can tell, there isn't a single boat ramp that's even touching the water. The muddy lake bottom makes off-roading it pretty sketchy. Everything is ready to go so I'll be in the water as soon as the lake level come up a bit, but for now I guess its just more waiting... Sorry about the rant, just felt like complaining.
Bob Abelin - National Commodore
#714 Blue Pearl MK 1

Krysia Ry

Re: Sail Fail :(

Post by Krysia Ry » Mon May 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Hey Bob c'mon up here. Kootenay Lake has risen 6 feet in the past week and even when its low, there is lots of space to sail. Hope you fill 'er up soon.
Bill