What would you like to see from this Class/Website?

Everything related to San Juan 21 and the Class Association
cklamp
Re: What would you like to see from this Class/Website?

Post by cklamp » Tue May 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Bill... unfortunately without having to "login" the spammer will over run the site pretty fast. We faced that issue on the Fleet 1 forums quite a few times, and this Forum faced it about 3-4 days after it went Live as well.

An option for you, that I sometimes do on Fleet 1's site as well, is email the "sellers" and ask them if they mind if I repost their information. Often times I just repost a link to their Craigslist ad on our forums. I delete all expired ads, or ones that have been up longer than 3 months without sale notices.

Later
C
Fleet 1 Webmaster
http://www.sj21fleet1.org
http://www.sj21fleet1forums.org
SJ21 1974 MKI #897, Mizu

Krysia Ry

Post by Krysia Ry » Wed May 18, 2011 3:14 am

yaa, sounds good. I quickly forgot about that spammer earlier on the site. Thanks C. I have been emailing them all and asking them to post on the site. You might see an add on Seattle ccraiglist that I posted today-an infomercial.
Bb

San Juan Sailboats

Post by San Juan Sailboats » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:41 pm

I would like to see a rules discussion page. In a lot of my races I end up with questions on the rules. Like this one.
Situation, My boat on port tack is approaching the finish line. Another boat is also approaching the line on starboard tack. My boat gets the finish signal and I immediately tack over to avoid but not in time and the starboard boat had to head up to avoid me.
So, Have I fouled the Starboard boat?

I think a page like this would be a benefit to lots of skippers.
Stephen Jensen

San Juan Sailboats
Stephen@SJSailboats.com

bluepearl

Post by bluepearl » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:49 pm

In a word, yes, you probably fouled him. A finish line isn't really much different than a turning mark or a turning gate and all the same rules apply. Even though you have technically finished, you still need to follow the rules until you have cleared the finishing area and are not interfering with any finishing boat. Of course it also depends on how close your tack was too. If you fully completed your tack before the other boat had to turn to avoid you then you are all good as this is no different than a tack in open water. Whether you are finished or not is just a technicality.
Bob Abelin - National Commodore
#714 Blue Pearl MK 1

San Juan Sailboats

Post by San Juan Sailboats » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:13 am

If it was a foul, then the only redress is disqualification since the offending boat has finished and can't do turns
Stephen Jensen

San Juan Sailboats
Stephen@SJSailboats.com