Hey, this board is still alive! And, anyone need parts?

Everything related to San Juan 21 and the Class Association
skills4lou
Hey, this board is still alive! And, anyone need parts?

Post by skills4lou » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:51 am

Hi All,
I was a member a while back, then I couldn't log in forever, but I got an email today that I'm allowed in again. Yay!
While I was out, I ended up getting another SJ21, this one hull #3. I bought it mostly for the mast and some of the rigging. As near as I can figure, it's been out in the weather for at least 5 or 6 yrs in northern MT. There are a couple soft spots on the deck, the keel winch is missing and I'm pretty sure the keel bolt is original as it's fiber-glassed in place.
Having said all that, if anyone is wanting a project, I'd let this go for not much at all. I go what I needed (the mast). There is a set of cushions for the quarter berths, the deck hardware is mostly intact, the bow pulpit is in great shape. Mostly wanting to offer it up on here to see if anyone wants parts or the whole thing. If no one want the whole thing I'll strip the rest of the hardware and take the hull to the dump. I'll put a link to my google photos to show you what's there. Located in western MT (near Missoula). https://photos.app.goo.gl/KYHiUE2sCAFqyQzU9

On the plus side, Orbweaver will have an unbroken mast again, and I plan to spend as much time as possible on her this summer. Who knows, maybe I'll make the western Nats if they are held within a reasonable distance.

skills4lou

Re: Hey, this board is still alive! And, anyone need parts?

Post by skills4lou » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:52 am

PS, does anyone know someone on the fleet 1 website? It's been down since last year as far as I can tell.

Krysia Ry

Post by Krysia Ry » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Fleet 1 website haas been working fine. Kris has been updating it recently.

skills4lou

Post by skills4lou » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:49 am

Hmm. that's weird. The latest post I can see on the Fleet 1 forum is Aug 2019, just before the Chelan meet. I gave up trying to post anything over there, it just crashes every time I try.

Mojo899

Post by Mojo899 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:16 pm

Is it only minor soft spots on the deck?

If this is truly hull #3 we should try to keep it from filling up a landfill.

Mojo899

Post by Mojo899 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:27 pm

Also how cheap are we talking on letting this go for?

cklamp

Post by cklamp » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:53 pm

skills4lou wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:49 am
Hmm. that's weird. The latest post I can see on the Fleet 1 forum is Aug 2019, just before the Chelan meet. I gave up trying to post anything over there, it just crashes every time I try.
That is weird... I don't think Kris has been updating the "countdown calendar" but he is doing a bit of updates... I used to do it more, but I have a kid, so I haven't been as involved with Fleet 1 as I used to be. You can always email me if you need something though cklamp at live..... com.

Later
C
Fleet 1 Webmaster
http://www.sj21fleet1.org
http://www.sj21fleet1forums.org
SJ21 1974 MKI #897, Mizu

Mojo899

Post by Mojo899 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:42 am

I talked with Kris and there seems to be an update issue with the Forum. He has been working to fix the issue.

For me I couldn't post or reply to anything and above the posts there were a lot of error codes.

Should be back soon.

skills4lou

Post by skills4lou » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:51 am

Yea mojo, that's exactly what I've been getting since last summer. I was thinking about going to the Western Nats, but the website crashed and I couldn't get any information.

Anyhoo...hull #3 is free, I'd like to get something for the trailer she sits on though. I have it listed locally for $495 and figure I'll let someone talk me down some. I'd rather avoid the landfill also, but I've also been instructed to "clean up all this crap!" I know enough about fiberglass repair to know that I'm NOT qualified to even guess how much work it'll involve. DEFINITELY going to need something, and if you're handy with fiberglass it may be an easy thing to do. I'm more of a welder. :)

Mojo899

Post by Mojo899 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:31 am

Where is the boat located?

And how road worthy is the trailer? Do you have the title?